Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Two on Tuesdays: Document Camera Tip & a great Chrome Extension

Good afternoon!  Here are your two technology tips/tools for the week!  Enjoy!

1. Are you using one of our new document cameras... the iZiggi?  Or are you someone who wanted the red one back because you didn't love the new one?  This feature may help those who were frustrated with being strapped to the camera when on your computer. I tried to make a video showing the following tips but the school division simply can't afford the amount of Dramamine that would have been needed due to my poor videoing skills. So, here is what I was trying to show, but in word form:

Setting: My computer is connected wirelessly to my projector (though this should work equally well if you are wired) and my document camera is plugged into my computer.

Conflict:  I want to roam the room with my computer but if I unplug the document camera, my students cannot study page 286 of the dictionary that I have projecting on the board.

Solution:  Take my valuable projector remote and hit the "Freeze" button (green arrow). This captures the page of the dictionary into the projector's memory (or something like that) and I can then unplug my computer and move freely.


More Remote Goodness:  Hang onto that thing!  It will help down the road adjust the volume of the audio once your speakers are installed (at same height at projector. Also, the AV-Mute button (yellow arrow) is a good way to give your projector a rest during short periods when you won't be using your projector. Of course, please turn off your projector at the end of the day.

2. I love the "Tab Resize" extension in Chrome. It allows you to look at two or more tabs of information within the same screen without tedious resizing. The video here will show you how to find the extension, its options, and how I use it.


Just a word of warning for those of you that want to  create your own split screen option... setting the screen to 9x9 gives you 81 tiles of a site in Chrome (and not the-more-standard-class-size-of-18 I intended... distracted brain moment) this and yes, I had to close each of those screens after I did it.



This is what 20 looks like if you were wanting, for example, to have access to all students in your class in their Google Doc project; this would be a way for you to pick on one at a time to review or showcase.



Contact your school's ITRT if we can help!  Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...