Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Two on Tuesday: A new favorite Chrome extension and student project samples!

1. Today's first Two on Tuesday topic is a Google extension submitted by LCMS teacher Mary Eden, 8th grade English, and the moment I tried it out, I knew this was an extension I would be using often too!


From Mary... "I am terrible about keeping an eye on the clock. Too often, the kids and I are working, working, working, and suddenly the bell rings! We’re stunned; we scramble; it’s inefficient. But now, thanks to Chrome Extensions, those days are over. Introducing (trumpet herald) Clock for Google Chrome 

(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clock-for-google-chrome/emakkfldeggiinnfcdjkakdfcppbfhdg?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon) :

 

 

I like this extension because it puts an analog or (more visible) digital clock to the right of the address bar in Chrome. I can set as many alarms as I need—for me, that’s FIVE, one to sound off a five-minute warning before the end of each class."

 


 

2.  I bookmarked this blog entry back in the summer and now, with so many more Google users in our building this year AND with the additional focus on projects to demonstrate learning, this seems the perfect time to share. Click here to read how a middle school teacher has his students use Google Slides and Screencastify, both great tools that are readily available, to showcase their knowledge:

http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2015/06/student-created-videos-google-slides.html?m=1


Enjoy! Thank you again Mrs. Eden for sharing! I have a few other extensions/ideas from other faculty & staff members that will be shared in the coming weeks.  


Contact your school's ITRT if you need more information!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...